Back and Neck pain treatment in Dee Why
Back and Neck pain treatment in Dee Why at Contemporary Healthcare Northern Beaches
Back and Neck pain treatment is available in Dee Why at Contemporary Healthcare. It has been one of our specialties for the last 30 years. Dr Orazio Trevisan is the owner and founder of Contemporary Healthcare and he uses a whole body holistic approach in the diagnosis and treatment of both acute or chronic back and neck pain at the Dee Why practice.
Traditionally many approaches have been to address a persons symptoms only. Dr Orazio addresses symptoms as well as exploring and treating the underlying causative factors. This is achieved through our unique 5 pillar approach to health, along with our state of the art treatment modalities. The end goal is to achieve amazing results for every single person who comes to the practice.
At Contemporary Healthcare’s Dee Why practice, our unique form of Chiropractic encompasses our 5 pillar approach to health. These are:
- Move better
- Dr Orazio Trevisan will assess your spine, upper and lower limbs, balance and movement patterns. Your body cannot function normally without proper movement.
- Think better
- Our mental health plays a huge part in how our body functions. Chronic stress affects both our posture and how our nervous system functions. Stress will often lead to long term activation of our ‘fight or flight’ response, along with a decrease in function in our ability to rest, digest, repair and reproduce.
- Eat better
- Have you ever thought about how your diet affects how you feel. An anti-inflammatory diet can be crucial in getting you better. An inflammatory diet that has a lot of processed foods may be part of the problem. Dr Orazio Trevisan will look at your diet and address the need for any changes. Dietary supplements may also help if your body is lacking in certain nutrients.
- Sleep better
- Some of us sleep very well but a large percentage of people don’t sleep well. We don’t often think about how our sleep affects our ability to recover from injury and disease. Dr Orazio Trevisan will look at your sleep patterns and may suggest ways to improve your sleep. It is also important to understand how a poor sleep pattern may be impacting your health and recovery.
- Breathe better
- Breathing forms an integral part of our bodily functions and keeps us alive. When we breathe properly it provides many positive effects with regards to our health. Poor breathing causes many acute and chronic health issues including spinal pain and poor oxygenation levels throughout our body. Dr Orazio Trevisan has been teaching proper breathing techniques for over 20 years and this forms an important part of any treatment program.
At Contemporary Healthcare’s Dee Why practice we offer all of the latest ‘state of the art’ treatment modalities. Dr Orazio Trevisan has studied all of these techniques extensively both overseas and in Australia. These treatments have been used by him for over 20 years with absolutely amazing results.
The 3 most effective treatment of choices for back and neck pain which set Dr Orazio apart from other clinicians and other practices are;
These treatments are used in combination to;
- Break down scar tissue
- Improve functional movement in the spine
- Improve functional movement between the spine and the shoulder
- Improve functional movement between the spine and the hip
When you come to the Dee Why practice, your injury is first assessed and diagnosed. Any appropriate testing is done such as x-rays, CT scans or MRI scans if required.
If further testing is not required, the condition is explained and a management program is discussed and treatment can begin.
Once the symptoms of your injury have improved and you are feeling better, Dr Orazio will look at the underlying causes that may have led to the injury you sustained.
Some of the common underlying causes may include:
- Poor balance
- Poor underlying core strength
- Poor flexibility
- Poor neuromuscular control of the affected area and poor functional movement patterns
- Poorly functioning lower limbs including the feet, knees and hips
- Poorly functioning upper limbs including the shoulders, elbows and wrists
- Poor diet, leading to a nutritional deficiency and subsequent poor healing rates
All of these factors will be assessed and treated accordingly.
Contemporary Healthcare is a multidisciplinary practice that incorporates Chiropractic, Shockwave Therapy, Hypervibe Therapy, Applied Kinesiology, NET, Active Release technique (ART) and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation (IASTM). It is located in Dee Why on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
If you have any questions regarding treatment for back and neck pain or if you want to make an appointment, please call the Dee Why practice on 9971 4408.