Foot and Ankle Injury treatment in Dee Why
Foot and Ankle injury treatment in Dee Why at Contemporary Healthcare Northern Beaches Sydney
Foot and Ankle injury treatment in Dee Why at Contemporary Healthcare Northern Beaches Sydney has been available for the last 30 years. The foot and ankle is a very commonly injured area of the body and it forms a vital link with the rest of the body. Chronic unresolved injuries in the foot and ankle can quite often lead to compensatory problems in other areas of the body. People with foot or ankle injuries quite often have localised pain/dysfunction in this area along with pain/dysfunction in other areas such as the knee, hip or spine
When assessing injuries to the foot and ankle, it is extremely important therefore that function at the knee, hip and spine are also looked at. At Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why, Dr Orazio Trevisan has had great success in treating both acute as well as chronic foot and ankle injuries.
Common problems we treat in the Foot and Ankle include:
- Muscle strains in the lower leg and foot
- Ankle sprains in the ankle including the lateral (outside) and medial (inside) ligaments in the ankle. These are commonly injured when you fall, twist or step awkwardly
- Ligament tears in the foot from overuse or traumatic injury
- Achilles tendinitis
- Achilles rupture, post surgical repair and rehabilitation
- Plantar fasciitis
- Heel spurs
- Mortons neuroma
- Post surgical rehabilitation of the foot and ankle after fracture
- Arthritis of the ankle and foot. Treatment in this case is aimed at improving function in the affected area as well as decreasing pain
- Shin splints
- Stiffness in the foot and ankle which can commonly occur after an acute or chronic injury
- Poor bio-mechanical function which may be affecting your ability to perform in your chosen sport or in everyday life
Anatomy of the Foot and Ankle joint
Treatment of the Foot and Ankle injury
At Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why we offer all of the latest ‘state of the art’ treatment modalities. Dr Orazio Trevisan has studied all of these techniques extensively both overseas and in Australia. These treatments have been used by him for over 20 years with absolutely amazing results.
The 3 most effective treatments of choice for knee injuries which set Dr Orazio apart from other clinicians and other practices are;
These treatments are used in combination to;
- Break down scar tissue
- Improve functional movement in the foot and ankle
- Improve functional movement between the foot/ankle and the rest of the lower limb (knee and hip)
- Improve functional movement between the foot/ankle and the spine
These 3 therapies are combined with a holistic whole body approach to health. Dr Orazio also looks at the body from a “5 pillar approach”. This 5 pillar approach is discussed below.
- Move better
- Dr Orazio Trevisan will assess your spine, upper and lower limbs, balance and movement patterns. Your body cannot function normally without proper movement.
- Think better
- Our mental health plays a huge part in how our body functions. Chronic stress affects both our posture and how our nervous system functions. Stress will often lead to long term activation of our ‘fight or flight’ response, along with a decrease in function in our ability to rest, digest, repair and reproduce.
- Eat better
- Have you ever thought about how your diet affects how you feel. An anti-inflammatory diet can be crucial in getting you better. An inflammatory diet that has a lot of processed foods may be part of the problem. Dr Orazio Trevisan will look at your diet and address the need for any changes. Dietary supplements may also help if your body is lacking in certain nutrients.
- Sleep better
- Some of us sleep very well but a large percentage of people don’t sleep well. We don’t often think about how our sleep affects our ability to recover from injury and disease. Dr Orazio Trevisan will look at your sleep patterns and may suggest ways to improve your sleep. It is also important to understand how a poor sleep pattern may be impacting your health and recovery.
- Breathe better
- Breathing forms an integral part of our bodily functions and keeps us alive. When we breathe properly it provides many positive effects with regards to our health. Poor breathing causes many acute and chronic health issues including spinal pain and poor oxygenation levels throughout our body. Dr Orazio Trevisan has been teaching proper breathing techniques for over 20 years and this forms an important part of any treatment program.
At Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why, when a patient first presents to the clinic, a comprehensive history and examination will be done. There may be a need for further testing which may include x-rays, ultrasounds or MRI’s. If x-rays are needed, they are usually bulk billed at a number of radiology practices located nearby. Ultrasounds and MRI’s cannot be bulk billed and incur an out of pocket cost. Once a diagnosis has been established, your information is put together to form a management plan on the best way to treat and manage your condition.
Your management plan will look at how to manage your symptoms, help to prevent injury in the future and optimise your quality of life.
If you are looking for treatment for a foot or ankle injury in Dee Why, think Contemporary Healthcare. Contemporary Healthcare is a multidisciplinary practice that incorporates Chiropractic, Shockwave Therapy, Hypervibe Therapy, Applied Kinesiology, NET, Active Release technique (ART) and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue mobilisation (IASTM). It is located in Dee Why on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
If you have any questions regarding foot and ankle injury treatment or if you want to make an appointment, please call the Dee Why practice on 9971 4408.