Hip Injury treatment in Dee Why
Hip injury treatment in Dee Why at Contemporary Healthcare Northern Beaches Sydney
Hip injury treatment in Dee Why at Contemporary Healthcare Northern Beaches Sydney has been available for over 30 years. The hip is a very commonly injured joint and it forms a vital link between the spine/pelvis and the knee. Chronic unresolved hip injuries can quite often lead to compensatory problems in the spine, pelvis or knee over time.
When assessing injuries to the hip, it is extremely important therefore that function at the pelvis, spine and knee are also looked at. At Contemporary Healthcare, Dr Orazio Trevisan has had great success in treating both acute as well as chronic hip injuries at the Dee Why practice.
Common problems we treat in the Hip include:
- Muscle strains. Common muscles affected may include the groin muscles, the hip flexors (quadriceps), the hip extensors (including the hamstrings), the buttock muscles (including the gluteal muscles) and the muscles on the outside of the hip (including the Tensor fascia latae which tenses the ITB)
- Ligament sprains to the capsular ligaments of the hip. These ligaments help give the hip increased stability.
- Bursitis such as Trochanteric Busitis (inflammation of the bursa on the outer part of the hip) and Iliopsoas Bursitis
- Femuroacetabular Impingement
- Hip tendonitis – occurs when there is painful inflammation or irritation of a tendon in the hip
- Hip tendonosis – occurs when tendons in the hip degenerate, meaning that they begin to break down
- Chronic functional hip instability which commonly arises from overuse
- Snapping hip syndrome
- Pre and post surgical rehabilitation of various hip injuries
- Arthritis of the hip such as osteoarthritis
Treatment of the Hip injury
At Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why we offer all of the latest ‘state of the art’ treatment modalities. Dr Orazio Trevisan has studied all of these techniques extensively both overseas and in Australia. These treatments have been used by him for over 20 years with absolutely amazing results.
The 3 most effective treatments of choice for hip injuries which set Dr Orazio apart from other clinicians and other practices are;
These treatments are used in combination to;
- Break down scar tissue
- Improve functional movement in the hip
- Improve functional movement between the hip and the spine/pelvis
- Improve functional movement between the hip and the knee
These 3 therapies are combined with a holistic whole body approach to health. Dr Orazio also looks at the body from a “5 pillar approach”. This 5 pillar approach is discussed below.
- Move better
- Dr Orazio Trevisan will assess your spine, upper and lower limbs, balance and movement patterns. Your body cannot function normally without proper movement.
- Think better
- Our mental health plays a huge part in how our body functions. Chronic stress affects both our posture and how our nervous system functions. Stress will often lead to long term activation of our ‘fight or flight’ response, along with a decrease in function in our ability to rest, digest, repair and reproduce.
- Eat better
- Have you ever thought about how your diet affects how you feel. An anti-inflammatory diet can be crucial in getting you better. An inflammatory diet that has a lot of processed foods may be part of the problem. Dr Orazio Trevisan will look at your diet and address the need for any changes. Dietary supplements may also help if your body is lacking in certain nutrients.
- Sleep better
- Some of us sleep very well but a large percentage of people don’t sleep well. We don’t often think about how our sleep affects our ability to recover from injury and disease. Dr Orazio Trevisan will look at your sleep patterns and may suggest ways to improve your sleep. It is also important to understand how a poor sleep pattern may be impacting your health and recovery.
- Breathe better
- Breathing forms an integral part of our bodily functions and keeps us alive. When we breathe properly it provides many positive effects with regards to our health. Poor breathing causes many acute and chronic health issues including spinal pain and poor oxygenation levels throughout our body. Dr Orazio Trevisan has been teaching proper breathing techniques for over 20 years and this forms an important part of any treatment program.
At Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why, when a patient first presents to the clinic, a comprehensive history and examination will be done. There may be a need for further testing which may include x-rays, ultrasounds or MRI’s. If x-rays are needed, they are usually bulk billed at a number of radiology practices located nearby. Ultrasounds and MRI’s cannot be bulk billed and incur an out of pocket cost. Once a diagnosis has been established, your information is put together to form a management plan on the best way to treat and manage your condition.
Your management plan will look at how to manage your symptoms, help to prevent injury in the future and optimise your quality of life.
If you are looking for treatment for a hip injury in Dee Why, think Contemporary Healthcare. Contemporary Healthcare is a multidisciplinary practice that incorporates Chiropractic, Shockwave Therapy, Hypervibe Therapy, Applied Kinesiology, NET, Active Release technique (ART) and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue mobilisation (IASTM). It is located in Dee Why on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
If you have any questions regarding hip injury treatment or if you want to make an appointment, please call the Dee Why practice on 9971 4408.