Improving your breathing at Contemporary Healthcare
Improving your breathing at Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why Northern Beaches
“Imagine if there was a treatment available that could improve circulation, decrease blood pressure, reduce stress and anxiety, improve lung volume, improve transit time of food through the gut, reduce stress and pain in the neck and spine, help to improve scoliosis, help to improve sleep and achieve these benefits without any side effects”
Would you be interested ?
Welcome to some of the benefits of proper breathing
Improving your breathing at Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why Northern Beaches. At Contemporary Healthcare, Dr Orazio Trevisan has been improving peoples breathing for almost 30 years. Dr Orazio is the owner and founder of Contemporary Healthcare and he uses a whole body holistic approach to improve the quality of breathing in his patients.
As a society we have forgotten the art of breathing. In my 30 years of clinical experience the majority of people that I have seen in my practice breathe incorrectly. Incorrect breathing can lead to a plethora of health issues. Some of these include;
- High blood pressure
- Poor circulation
- A decrease in lung volume
- Increased levels of stress
- Increased levels of anxiety
- Decreased performance in sport
- Inflammation in the neck and spine
- Allergic reactions
- Bad breath
- Sleep apnea
- Gum inflammation and tooth decay
- Crooked teeth
- Jaw pain and malocclusion
- Worsening the symptoms of asthma
- Chronic back pain
- Chronic neck pain
- Stiffness in the spine
- Chronic sinus issus
When assessing and improving peoples breathing, Dr Orazio looks at the person from a holistic perspective using a 5 pillar approach . The end goal is to achieve amazing results for every single person who comes to the practice.
At Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why, our unique form of care encompasses our 5 pillar approach to health. These 5 pillars are:
- Dr Orazio Trevisan will assess your posture, spine, upper and lower limbs, balance and movement patterns. We also assess the state of your breathing muscles, the primary muscles such as the diaphragm and the secondary muscles. Your body cannot function normally without proper movement. We often find that pain or movement issues related to the musculoskeletal system can have a huge negative impact on our ability to breathe properly. It is important therefore that the areas of dysfunction get treated. If they are not treated they will continue to interrupt the way you breathe. If there is a problem with the musculoskeletal system that requires treatment, at Contemporary Healthcare we offer all of the latest ‘state of the art’ treatment modalities to get you better quickly. Dr Orazio Trevisan has studied all of these techniques extensively both overseas and in Australia. These treatments have been used by him for over 20 years with absolutely amazing results.The 3 most effective treatments of choice for musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction which set Dr Orazio apart from other clinicians and other practices are;
- ESWT (Shockwave Therapy)
- IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation)
- ART (Active Release Technique)
These treatments are used in combination to;
- Break down scar tissue
- Improve pain and functional movement in the spine
- Improve pain and functional movement in the rib cage
- Improve pain and functional movement in accessory joints involved with breathing
Less pain and better function equals better breathing and improved oxygen levels to all the major organs including the brain
- Our mental health plays a huge part in how our body functions. Chronic stress affects both our posture and how our nervous system functions. Stress will often lead to long term activation of our ‘fight or flight’ response, along with a decrease in function in our ability to rest, digest, repair and reproduce. People who have chronic stress are generally mouth breathers and have postural issues. Huge benefits are gained by improving these as well as helping a person manage their stress levels.
- Have you ever thought about how your diet affects how you feel and how you breathe. An anti-inflammatory diet can be crucial in improving both of these areas. An inflammatory diet that has a lot of processed foods may be part of the problem. Poor food choices may be impacting the level of inflammation in your body. Dr Orazio Trevisan will look at your diet and address the need for any changes. Dietary supplements may also help if your body is lacking in certain nutrients.
- Two thirds of adults in the developed nations fail to get the recommended 8 hours of sleep each night. We don’t often think about how our sleep affects our ability to recover from injury and disease. Dr Orazio Trevisan will look at your sleep patterns and may suggest ways to improve your sleep. It is also important to understand how a poor sleep pattern may be impacting your health and recovery. In this pillar we address all of the issues relating to poor sleep etiquette. Some of these may include time spent in front of screens (phones, computers), lighting, room temperature, when you exercise and when you eat.
- Breathing forms an integral part of our bodily functions and keeps us alive. When we breathe properly it provides many positive effects with regards to our health. Poor breathing can lead to sleep apnea, snoring and the need to go the toilet throughout the night along with many other health issues.
In addressing these 5 different areas, Dr Orazio Trevisan has helped many of his patients achieve better breathing at the Dee Why practice.
Improve your breathing – Improve your life
Contemporary Healthcare is a multidisciplinary practice that incorporates Chiropractic, Shockwave Therapy, Hypervibe Therapy, Applied Kinesiology, NET, Active Release technique (ART) and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation (IASTM). It is located in Dee Why on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
If you have any questions regarding treatment for improving your breathing or if you want to make an appointment, please call the Dee Why practice on 9971 4408.