Knee Injury treatment in Dee Why
Knee injury treatment in Dee Why at Contemporary Healthcare Northern Beaches Sydney
Knee injury treatment in Dee Why at Contemporary Healthcare Northern Beaches Sydney has been available for the last 30 years. The knee is a very commonly injured joint and it forms a vital link between the hip and the ankle/foot. Chronic unresolved injuries in either the hip, ankle or foot can quite often lead to compensatory problems in the knee over time.
When assessing injuries to the knee, it is extremely important therefore that function at the hip, ankle and foot are also looked at. At Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why, Dr Orazio Trevisan has had great success in treating both acute as well as chronic knee injuries.
Common problems we treat in the Knee include:
- Muscle strains. Common muscles affected may include; the knee extensors (quadriceps), the knee flexors (including the hamstrings and calf muscles), the groin muscles (such as sartorius and gracilis) and the muscles on the outside of the knee (including the Tensor fascia latae which tenses the ITB)
- Ligament tears including the Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL), Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL), Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) and Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL)
- Meniscal tears (medial and lateral meniscus)
- Patellar tendinitis
- Patellofemoral tracking problems
- Chronic functional knee instability which commonly arises from overuse
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome
- Post surgical rehabilitation of the knee after fracture
- Pre and post surgical rehabilitation for meniscal tears, ACL and PCL tears
- Arthritis of the knee such as osteoarthritis
- Osgood Schlatters disease
- Chondromalacia Patella
- Shin splints
- Stiffness of the knee
Anatomy of the knee joint
Treatment of the Knee injury
At Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why we offer all of the latest ‘state of the art’ treatment modalities. Dr Orazio Trevisan has studied all of these techniques extensively both overseas and in Australia. These treatments have been used by him for over 20 years with absolutely amazing results.
The 3 most effective treatments of choice for knee injuries which set Dr Orazio apart from other clinicians and other practices are;
These treatments are used in combination to;
- Break down scar tissue
- Improve functional movement in the knee
- Improve functional movement between the knee and the hip/pelvis and spine
- Improve functional movement between the knee and the ankle/foot
These 3 therapies are combined with a holistic whole body approach to health. Dr Orazio also looks at the body from a “5 pillar approach”. This 5 pillar approach is discussed below.
- Move better
- Dr Orazio Trevisan will assess your spine, upper and lower limbs, balance and movement patterns. Your body cannot function normally without proper movement.
- Think better
- Our mental health plays a huge part in how our body functions. Chronic stress affects both our posture and how our nervous system functions. Stress will often lead to long term activation of our ‘fight or flight’ response, along with a decrease in function in our ability to rest, digest, repair and reproduce.
- Eat better
- Have you ever thought about how your diet affects how you feel. An anti-inflammatory diet can be crucial in getting you better. An inflammatory diet that has a lot of processed foods may be part of the problem. Dr Orazio Trevisan will look at your diet and address the need for any changes. Dietary supplements may also help if your body is lacking in certain nutrients.
- Sleep better
- Some of us sleep very well but a large percentage of people don’t sleep well. We don’t often think about how our sleep affects our ability to recover from injury and disease. Dr Orazio Trevisan will look at your sleep patterns and may suggest ways to improve your sleep. It is also important to understand how a poor sleep pattern may be impacting your health and recovery.
- Breathe better
- Breathing forms an integral part of our bodily functions and keeps us alive. When we breathe properly it provides many positive effects with regards to our health. Poor breathing causes many acute and chronic health issues including spinal pain and poor oxygenation levels throughout our body. Dr Orazio Trevisan has been teaching proper breathing techniques for over 20 years and this forms an important part of any treatment program.
At Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why, when a patient first presents to the clinic, a comprehensive history and examination will be done. There may be a need for further testing which may include x-rays, ultrasounds or MRI’s. If x-rays are needed, they are usually bulk billed at a number of radiology practices located nearby. Ultrasounds and MRI’s cannot be bulk billed and incur an out of pocket cost. Once a diagnosis has been established, your information is put together to form a management plan on the best way to treat and manage your condition.
Your management plan will look at how to manage your symptoms, help to prevent injury in the future and optimise your quality of life.
If you are looking for treatment for a knee injury in Dee Why, think Contemporary Healthcare. Contemporary Healthcare is a multidisciplinary practice that incorporates Chiropractic, Shockwave Therapy, Hypervibe Therapy, Applied Kinesiology, NET, Active Release technique (ART) and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue mobilisation (IASTM). It is located in Dee Why on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
If you have any questions regarding knee injury treatment or if you want to make an appointment, please call the Dee Why practice on 9971 4408.