Paediatric Chiropractor Dee Why
Paediatric Chiropractor Dee Why at Contemporary Healthcare Northern Beaches Sydney
Dr Orazio Trevisan has been a Paediatric Chiropractor in Dee Why at Contemporary Healthcare for almost 30 years.
He is a fully qualified Chiropractor having completed a Science degree through the University of NSW followed by a Masters Degree in Chiropractic through Macquarie University.
He is one of only a handful of Chiropractors to have specialty training in Paediatrics, having completed a post graduate Masters degree in Science (Chiropractic Paediatrics) through the University of Wales in 2010.
He also has post graduate qualifications in sports injury management, having completed a post graduate Diploma in Chiropractic Sports Science through Macquarie University.
Dr Orazio has a wealth of experience in treating and managing a variety of Paediatric conditions at his Dee Why practice. These include;
- Sports injury management
- Scoliosis management
- Assessment and management of spinal injuries
- Assessment and management of upper limb injuries to the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Assessment and management of lower limb injuries to the hip, knee, ankle and foot
- Management of Deformational Plagiocephaly (flat spots on the head) in babies
- Growing pains
- Improving posture
- Improving breathing
- Improving gut health
At Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why , we look at the patient through a holistic lens and our unique form of Chiropractic encompasses our 5 pillar approach to health. Dr Orazio Trevisan will look at 5 key areas which may be relevant to a child’s presenting problem. These are;
- Structural health – This encompasses looking at the spine, upper and lower limb function along with key areas such as balance and movement integration.
- Mental health – We often don’t think about how our mental health encompasses our physical well being. Unresolved stress has a huge impact on things such as posture as well as how our nervous system functions.
- Diet – There is an increasing awareness on how a good diet can be anti-inflammatory and a highly processed diet can be inflammatory. A basic dietary assessment will be done to assess your child’s diet as well as looking at potential deficiencies in key nutrients.
- Sleep – Poor sleep patterns can play a major role in chronic issues. Dr Orazio has been helping people improve their sleep for almost 30 years.
- Breath – How we breathe plays a major role on the health of many organs around the body. It also has huge implications on spinal function and our posture. This is an important area and will be assessed when a child comes into the practice.
The 3 most effective treatment of choices which set Dr Orazio apart from other clinicians and other practices are;
- ESWT (Shockwave Therapy)
- IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation)
- ART (Active Release Technique)
Dr Orazio also has extensive overseas training in all of these techniques and treatment modalities. This will ensure your child is back to school, sport and enjoying life in the shortest time possible.
At Contemporary Healthcare Dee Why a comprehensive history and examination will be done. There may be a need for further testing which may include x-rays, ultrasounds, MRI’s and food intolerance tests. If x-rays are needed, they are usually bulk billed at a number of radiology practices located nearby. Other tests incur an out of pocket expense.
Once a diagnosis has been established, your child’s information is put together to form a management plan on the best way to treat and manage their condition. Their management plan will look at how to mange their symptoms, help to prevent injury in the future and optimise their quality of life.
Contemporary Healthcare is a multidisciplinary practice that incorporates Chiropractic, Shockwave Therapy, Hypervibe Therapy, Applied Kinesiology, NET, Active Release technique (ART) and Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation (IASTM). It is located in Dee Why on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
If you have any questions regarding Paediatric care or if you want to make an appointment, please call the Dee Why practice on 9971 4408.